Friday, August 14, 2009

Fourteenth Prize Leaps into View

Lynn Fraley and her hubby Barry came to visit years ago, and as a present Lynn sculpted this gorgeous tile. I fell in love with it the minute I saw it... the detail is extraordinary, beautifully executed, and just my cuppa tea. I made some to hang in the shop, and I had a very ambitious plan to make a set of four matching tiles to affix to the bottom doors of my china cabinets. While I still hope to do that some day, I've changed my decor and colors in the living room and this test tile for the project no longer reflects the colors that I will use. The interesting thing about this tile is that it is thin and solid... when I made the mold for the tile, I made a two part mold that pours a hollow tile, because that is what I know how to do! I didn't know how to pour a solid, thin tile... but luckily, the mold can be used both ways. This tile is painted all in glazes, which gives a lovely, majolica feel to it.

And the winner today is... Cindi Nakagawa! YAY Cindy!






No comments: